I rocked the January challenge! I resisted the temptation of desserts at every turn. (Okay, there was that disagreement that Greg and I had about desserts, but I maintain that cinnamon roll isn't a dessert…it's a breakfast!) Of course, these beauties were on sale at CVS this week, so I had to buy them. After all, January is over!
This month, the challenge is one that is near and dear to my heart...literally! My challenge this month is to drink more water. Are you getting enough water? Did you know that the eight 8oz glasses rule is outdated? Really, how much water you need depends on many factors; how much you weigh, what your gender is, if you work out, are you preggo or breastfeeding? Taking all those factors into account will help you get a better idea of how much water to drink during the day.
Since I work out multiple times a week, am breastfeeding and live in a dry climate; I need about 3 liters of water a day. Roughly 13 glasses of fluid. (Not that I said fluid, technically you don't need to be drinking water, just anything to get fluid in your body).
Here are just a few benefits:
- Drinking water doesn't add calories, it burns 'em, baby!
- It keeps your muscles in top shape. Have you had muscle spasms lately? That's a sure sign that you aren't getting enough H2O,
- It keeps your skin looking good and hydrated. True story.
- Detoxifies your body. Don't do those crazy detox diets, just drink water!
- Makes you smarter. Did you know that water helps your cognitive abilities?
Those are just a few reasons to drink more water. Are you with me? Challenge yourself to drink at least eight 8oz glasses a day. You can do at least that!